Monday, 21 June 2010

What If Superman Joined the Fantastic Four?

I'm really getting into the FF at the moment. A while ago I purchased Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch's entire run on the title and more recently my other half (my girlfriend, not my conjoined twin) bought me Mark Waid and Mike Wieringo's run as a birthday present. Waid and 'Ringo's FF stuff really is as good as everyone says it is. In one story (spoiler alert) the Thing is killed and so Reed Richards builds a machine that can traverse the afterlife in order to go and rescue his friend. I love the idea that for Reed, Heaven is just another unexplored plain of reality for his family to explore, just like the Negative Zone or the Microverse. As if that wasn't brilliant enough, the FF meet God! And he's Jack Kirby! Brilliant stuff.

Anyhoo, it inspired me to tit around on Photoshop again. If you want to see far more successful Photoshop/comic cover shenanigans then check out The Brave and the Bold: The Lost Issues. You'll see far better stuff there than my meager efforts.

(UPDATE/CORRECTION 10/7/12: Ross, the brains behind The Brave and the Bold: The Lost Issues does all of his work on that blog with MS Paint not Photoshop. That's very impressive! And it's all fun stuff, so check it out.)

Before you go however, take a moment to reflect on how cool this comic would be if it were real.

3 comments:

  1. ...featuring the story where Reed explores the Phantom Zone and rescues Mon-El a full 1000 years before Brainiac 5. Excellent stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Paul! How pompous of Superman to demand they adopt his logo! Just a reminder though, my site uses MS Paint, not Photoshop. There have been a couple of exceptions that I posted out of order,but the collection so far is all MS Paint (which is painfully obvious on the earlier entries), and will remain so until I make the switch over to Photoshop as of issue #354, over 200 issues from where I am at now (I'm 300+ covers ahead of what I post on the blog).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ross. I'll update the post. You must have so much patience to do it all on MS Paint, and it all looks great. Really impressive (and fun!) stuff.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...