Tuesday, 5 January 2010

Aquaman: Rebirth


In my last blog post I covered what I'm looking forward to in the coming year. This poorly Photoshopped mock-up cover represents what I would like to happen in 2010. In 2004 Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver reinvigorated Green Lantern comics with 'Green Lantern: Rebirth'. Ever since then every comics fan with a soft spot for a B-List superhero wants their favoutite character to get the Rebirth treatment. 'Flash: Rebirth' began last year but no more 'Rebirths' have been announced as of yet. I can't help but hope that Johns and Van Sciver turn their attention to Aquaman next. Johns seems to be lining the character up for some kind of return in the pages of 'Blackest Night', although Aquaman's currently still in Zombie form. Aquaman's estranged wife Mera on the other hand is proving to be a big player in 'Blackest Night' and Johns has told Newsarama.com (in an interview that can be found here) that he's going to be working with Mera in 2010 and 2011. This could mean Johns will be writing Aquaman or it could mean that Johns will put Mera in the Justice League book he's supposed to be doing with Jim Lee. It could be something different altogether, who can say at this point? To be honest even if Johns doesn't bring Aquaman back I'll be happy to read whatever he intends to do with Mera. However, I can't help but keep my little fingers crossed for 'Aquaman: Rebirth'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...